My practice focuses on:
- Equity capital markets transactions such as listing of securities on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, placing of securities and other regulatory compliance matters, for both sponsors and listing applicants/ listed companies.
- Debt financing transactions, including bilateral loan transactions, syndicated facilities, and placement of private and listed bonds for both lenders/investors and borrowers/issuers.
- Secondary debt trading such as loan participation and bond transfer, and debt restructuring
I am fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
The majority of the work undertaken by me is confidential, but some publicly reported transactions are:
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Acted for China Vanadium Titano-Magnetite Mining Company Limited (HKEx stock code: 893) in relation to the acquisition of 81% equity interest in Mancala Holdings Limited, which holds a group of subsidiaries that operate specialist mining services in Australia and Vietnam, for the aggregate consideration of HK$63.2 million involving the issue of listed consideration shares;
Equity Capital Markets
- Acted for CCB International Capital Limited, as sponsor’s Hong Kong legal advisor, in relation to the HK$1.28 billion initial public offering of Jiayuan International Holdings Limited (HKEx stock code: 2768) on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Jiayuan International Holdings Limited is a property developer of large-scale residential and commercial complex projects in Jiangsu Province and other parts of China;
Private Placement of Bonds
- Acted for Heroic Day Limited, a subsidiary of a State-owned bank, in relation to its subscription of senior secured guaranteed notes in the aggregate principal amount of up to US$410 million and corresponding warrants issued by Zhuguang Holdings Group Company Limited (HKEx stock code: 1176);
- Acted for Huarong Investment Stock Corporation Limited (HKEx stock code: 2277) in relation to its subscription, via its wholly-owned subsidiary, of extendable senior secured bonds in the aggregate principal amount of up to HK$450 million issued by Intrend Ventures Limited;
- Acted for Munsun Capital Group Limited (now known as Bay Area Gold Group Limited) (HKEx stock code: 1194) in relation to its consent solicitation for the proposed amendment of the terms and conditions of its issued convertible bonds in the aggregate principal amount of up to approximately HK$1.03 billion.