I have substantial experience in all aspects of intellectual property in Hong Kong and China. I have acted for clients from various different business sectors and industries, including many multinational corporations as well as leading companies in Hong Kong and China.
I advise extensively on strategy on management and enforcement of intellectual property rights in Hong Kong and China, particularly including:
- advising on the registration of trade marks, designs, patents and domain names;
- advising on intellectual property assignment agreements, licence agreements, business acquisition agreements, intellectual property pledge agreements, franchise agreements, sponsorship agreements, technology transfer agreements and other IP or IT related agreements;
- carrying out investigations to identify infringers behind the sites and also the evidence-gathering process with the view to building civil and/or administrative actions against them;
- Internet monitoring programs to identify illicit counterfeiting activities on the Internet, particularly in relation to online marketing of counterfeit goods and unauthorized product postings on online trading websites;
- taking actions against “shadow” companies in Hong Kong at the Companies Registry and the High Court of Hong Kong;
- taking oppositions and cancellation or invalidation actions against unauthorized trade marks at both the Trade Marks Registry and Court levels.