Before completing my training with MinterEllison, I received an LLB and LLM from the London School of Economics. I am fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Assisted in acting for an international law firm in defending a high stakes misrepresentation claim arising out of a cross-border acquisition.
- Assisted in representing a US incorporated company and its affiliates in proceedings commenced by the Securities and Futures Commission pursuant to Section 213 of the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571) in relation to allegations of market manipulation in shares of a Hong Kong listed company.
- Assisted in advising an individual on jurisdiction, limitation, enforcement and bankruptcy issues arising out of a misrepresentation claim commenced by a former employee.
- Assisted in acting for a Hong Kong company in a contractual claim arising out of a joint property development in Hong Kong.
- Assisted in representing a Taiwanese insurance company in the recognition and enforcement of a Taiwanese arbitral award in Hong Kong.
- Assisted in acting for a wholly-owned Australian subsidiary of a company listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in HKIAC proceedings arising out of a claim for consultancy fees in relation to a HK$1.2 billion financing deal.
- Assisted in advising on a range of contractual and professional negligence issues arising from the construction of the express rail link.
- Assisted in advising on contentious issues arising out of the transfer in stewardship and governance of a post-secondary college in Hong Kong.
- Acting for clients in complex cross-border boardroom and shareholders’ disputes.
- Assisted in advising the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in respect of issues arising out of disciplinary proceedings against listed issuers and directors.
- Assisted in advising a Hong Kong listed company in relation to listing rules compliance and a potential hostile takeover.
- Assisted in advising a US investment bank and financial services company on compliance with the licensing regime under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (Cap. 571) and issues arising out of potential conflicts of interest, confidentiality and information barriers.
- Assisted in advising an Australian airline on issues arising out of consumer refunds and credit card chargeback provisions.
- Assisted in advising a PRC private equity fund on issues arising out of US sanctions on foreign investment in Cuba.
- Assisted in advising a Hong Kong trustee company on anti-money laundering and customer due diligence requirements in respect of employee share option plans.