I am an Associate at MinterEllison Hong Kong office. I focus my practice on corporate finance and commercial transactions. I have experience in advising issuers and underwriters on initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance and other corporate matters. Prior to joining MinterEllison, I practiced at the Hong Kong office of another international law firm. I am admitted to practice in Hong Kong.
Before joining the legal profession, I worked at the Hong Kong office of a Big Four accounting firm, where I advised clients on Hong Kong, PRC and cross-border corporate tax matters. I am also a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Advised a Hong Kong-listed conglomerate on its subscription of 20% of the total issued share capital of a Hong Kong-listed e-commerce and cultural business group.
- Advised a Hong Kong-listed property development group on its USD600 million equity investment in a PRC-based online education and smart city services provider.
- Advised a Hong Kong-listed group on its various investments (via direct investment or investment in private fund) in certain high profile technology companies (including artificial intelligence company, mobile app developer, etc.) for approximately USD80 million.
- Acted for China PengFei Group Limited (stock code: 3348) as the Hong Kong legal advisers of the issuer on its initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acted for BOCOM International (Asia) Limited as the Hong Kong legal advisers of the sponsor in the initial public offering of Analogue Holdings Limited (stock code: 1977) on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Pujiang International Group Limited (stock code: 2060) as the Hong Kong legal advisers of the issuer on its initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Acted for Lego Securities Limited as the Hong Kong legal advisers of the sponsor in the initial public offering of Zioncom Holdings Limited (stock code: 8287) on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised a Hong Kong-based gold and silver trading broker on its proposed listing on the UK’s Alternative Investment Market.
- Advised an international fund manager on its acquisition of majority stake of a UK-based asset manager.
- Advised a UK-based business consulting group on its fund-raising exercise and acquisition of the technology consulting arm of a US-listed group.
- Advised a UK-based electrical and mechanical engineering company on the disposal of its Asian business division to a Hong Kong-listed construction group.
- Advised various clients on Hong Kong and PRC tax matters, including corporate tax planning, double taxation relief arrangement, etc.
Includes matters handled prior to joining MinterEllison.