I qualified in Hong Kong in 2016. My work focuses on commercial and financial disputes, financial and insurance services regulatory matters and professional negligence claims.
I advise a wide range of clients including companies, liquidators, professionals, professional bodies, statutory bodies, start-ups and individuals.
Before I read law at the University of London, I had obtained a Bachelor of Social Sciences degree in Journalism and Communication, and gained extensive business and social experience as a reporter at a leading media organisation in Hong Kong and later as a corporate development and business management specialist at a major conglomerate in Hong Kong. I joined the firm as an associate in 2019.
Financial and Insurance Services Regulatory
- Advising insurers and professional bodies on various issues in relation to the new insurance regulatory regime and on Voluntary Health Insurance Scheme
- Advising a number of professional bodies and regulators in the insurance industry in Hong Kong on the discharge of their public law functions and on changes to their constitution and disciplinary rules and procedures
Professional Negligence Claim
- Acting in defence for an international law firm in a professional negligence claim of over USD500 million
- Acting for the provisional liquidators of a listed company against its former auditors for a professional negligence claim of over USD1,000 million
- Acting as the panel solicitors for various professional bodies and indemnity schemes including the Hong Kong Solicitors’ Professional Indemnity Scheme
Commercial Litigation and Arbitration
- Advising investors and a family trust against a major financial institution and former trustee in relation to a dispute over the sale of derivative products in a claim of over USD30 million
- Advising client in an arbitration concerning contractual disputes